About Steven Rudy
Steven Rudy is truly a citizen legislator at heart, serving as State Representative in Frankfort while also never forgetting the people back home. Shaped by his rural upbringing, he has fought for the conservative values he has always shared with the people of West Kentucky, most importantly the unwavering right to human life. His time in a leadership position over the past two years has been marked by Kentucky becoming among the most pro-life states in the nation, record job creation and the return of fiscal responsibility to Frankfort, and the Purchase Region having a strong seat at the table in Frankfort.
In his new role as the powerful chairman of the House Appropriations and Revenue Committee, he worked to craft a fiscally responsible budget that rectified many errors of the past. This budget provided full funding to the teachers’ pension system for the first time in a decade, including a billion dollars extra than what was required. Rudy’s budget made cuts to much of the bureaucracy in state government in order to keep the state’s promise to educators and public employees, while also sending new funding to school districts for critical school safety improvements.
Rudy is running for reelection as State Representative in order to build on the progress he has made for conservatism in Frankfort. This includes continuing to protect the life of the unborn, lowering income taxes, making smarter investments in our state’s roads and bridges, and prioritizing the safety and protection of all of our citizens.
Rudy is a resident of Paducah and part owner of his family business, Rudys Farm Center in Kevil, which specializes in agriculture and industrial sales. He has been married to his wife Jessica for 14 years and is the proud father of eight-year-old Madelyn.
STEVEN RUDY ENDORSEMENTS
As your state representative, I am honored to have endorsements from the following organizations:
Kentucky Right to Life
National Rifle Association
Associated General Contractors of Kentucky
Commonwealth Policy Center
U.S. Senator Rand Paul (see below)
A Fighter for Life
- Rudy successfully fought for legislation over the past two years making Kentucky one of the most pro-life states in the nation, including banning all abortion after 20 weeks and defunding Planned Parenthood
Pro-Jobs and Economic Development
- Supported legislation leading to record economic investment and job creation in Kentucky, including the reopening of the Wickliffe Paper Mill
A Leader for Fiscal Responsibility
- Rudy led the way in crafting a fiscally responsible budget that cuts government bureaucracy in order to properly invest in education and public safety, including bringing new money home to school districts to invest in school safety improvements
Visionary for West Kentucky
- Lifted Kentucky’s longstanding nuclear energy moratorium, paving the way for more jobs and energy production in West Kentucky
Committed to Public Safety
- Voted to stiffen penalties on those who target police officers and first responders while also increasing penalties for trafficking heroin and recruiting children into gangs
A Leader on Agriculture Issues
- Rudy successfully fought to take the first step in legalizing Industrial Hemp in 2013, a crop which is already creating jobs and allowing farmers to diversify their operations
Challenged the Status Quo
- Stood up to old school Frankfort thinking by fully funding teacher and public employee pensions and blocking wasteful government spending as chairman of Appropriations & Revenue
OUR PRIORITIES FOR 2019-2020
- Continue to fight to protect the life of the unborn
- Move the income tax to zero and create more jobs
- Modernize Kentucky’s Infrastructure
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Increase Safety in Kentucky Schools
Contact Representative Steven Rudy
As your representative for Kentucky’s First House District, I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you regarding any issues that may be of concern to you. If you would like to support my campaign, please contact me as well. Thank you for your continued support!
PAID FOR BY: CAMPAIGN OF STEVEN RUDY